Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Moorton Botanical Garden- A Living Museum of Desert Lore Palm Springs. CA

I think I'm the only person I know that doesn't want to marry the Ace Hotel in Palm Springs.  However, had we not stayed there and taken a walk around the area, we wouldn't have wandered into the Moorton Botanical Garden.  From their hand-painted signs guiding you through their collection of desert cacti and succulents to their CACTARIUM, it's one of the most genuinely interesting and informative gardens I've ever been to.  Despite all it's charms and impressive collections, my favorite element was the sweet older man working there.  We bought a couple plants from their nursery and, upon checking out, we noticed two pictures of Pee-Wee Herman at the counter.  Having stopped at the famed Cabazon dinosaurs on the trip, we started to wonder if there was a P.W. theme emerging.  "What's with the Pee-Wee pictures," Jeremy asked.  "Oh, See-Pee?  He sends me holiday cards.  I used to work with him years ago- doing landscaping at his place.  I don't like landscaping in LA, but if that's what See-Pee wants-I do it!" Hearts.  I'd like to find some way to work that last sentiment into everyday conversation.







No comments:

Post a Comment